2019 RACE DATE
12 October 2019
Roads works are being done on the ROAD BETWEEN OUDTSHOORN AND DE RUST. Participants travelling on this route are requested to add at least 60 minutes to your travelling time. This will allow for the Stop/Go's and congestion. The last transport leaves De Rust at 05h30. Not negotiable as the race start cannot be delayed. This is a requirement of Provincial Traffic authorities.
SO PLEASE, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN AHEAD!
Friday, 12 October 11:00 TO 21:00 at the Dutch Reformed Church Grounds in De Rust.
Saturday, 13 October 04:30 TO 05:30 at the Dutch Reformed Church Grounds in De Rust.
Please take careful note of the registration process. The volunteers working at registration will not deviate from these arrangements.
- Race number bibs and timing chips (in need) will only be handed over against positive ID. (Drivers license, ID document or Passport)
- Your envelope will contain a personalized, colour coded, license number and timing chip in need.
- As stated in the rules upon entering, NO 3rd party collections will be accommodated.
- There will be eight, clearly signed, queues at registration - your surname determines your queue.
- NO ID – NO ENVELOPE!
- T-shirts need to be collected in person at Registration BEFORE the start of the event. Those not collected by 07h00 on 13 October will be sold in aid of our local charities. No T-shirts will be posted or kept for entrants not collecting at registration.
- If you are collecting your registration pack and not intending to run then PLEASE REMOVE the timing chip from your pack and return to the organizers. It helps to speed up reconciliation of results. THANK YOU.
- At registration you will also be offered an elephant’s food shrub (spekboom). Meiringspoort21 organiseerders ondersteun die veldtog om mense bewus te maak van waterbesparing, varser lug en ander maniere om die koolstofspoor te verklein. Shrubs not taken along will be used at a local nursery at the entrance to De Rust for tourists and visitors to view.
Since 2013, Glendine, a local artist in De Rust, has donated a painting as part of fund raising for Herberg Children's Home in Roberton. This year a framed painting can once again be won. The Frame was donated by Bottega Art Gallery, Oudtshoorn.
If you would like to become more involved with Herberg Children's Home, feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.